GT Prep helps in your IELTS Preparation by combining an extensive syllabus with state-of-the-art learning aids to give you the best learning experience from the experienced and expert faculty in British Council IELTS General/Academic Exams. GT Prep provide IELTS Coaching to help you achieve your desired score.
What is the IELTS?
The IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System is an English language test, that is often mandatory for persons who wish to study or settle in a country with a predominantly English-speaking population. The IELTS Exam evaluates your ability to communicate effectively in English and assesses you on various factors such as listening, reading, speaking, and writing. Most universities and Canada immigration agencies accept a score of 7.0 or higher in IELTS as the minimum requirement. By following few expert tips, it is easy to get band 8 in the IELTS exam.
Take IELTS General for immigration scores and IELTS Academic for university admission.
The IELTS test intends to evaluate whether or not you will be able to communicate in English in a day-to-day scenario when you immigrate abroad to a country where the primary language of communication is English. The test evaluates you in the following sections.
The listening section of the IELTS exam consists of 40 questions, which are divided into four sections. The total time given for IELTS listening and answering the questions is 30 minutes and an additional 10 minutes is provided to the students to enable them to transfer the answers to listening answer sheet.
The reading section includes three passages, and it presents 40 questions that assess your comprehension of the passage you just read. Passages can be attempted in any order, but the entire section must be completed in 60 minutes. We score each question at one mark
In the IELTS speaking section, an examiner conducts a one-to-one interview with the test taker. The test taker receives three assignments during the interview, which include talking about themselves, discussing a topic from a cue-card, and delivering a lengthy speech on a selected topic. The section is administered a few days before or after the actual test date, not on the test day itself, however. We have designed the three sub-sections to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your speaking skills in a variety of scenarios.
The writing section of the IELTS differs for the academic and the general test. Both the tests consist of two main tasks for the writing section. The first task for IELTS – Academic asks the candidates to interpret a diagram that is provided. The examiners will require the candidate to write a letter of approximately 150 words in the general module, and they will be given 20 minutes to do so. Both the general and academic modules assign the same second task, which requires writing a 250-word response to an argument within a 40-minute time limit. The purpose of this test is to assess your ability to articulate and express your thoughts effectively. It is easier to improve your IELTS Writing Score if you have practiced well in advance.
Who Can Take the IELTS?
Individuals and students who plan to study or work in countries where English is the primary language of communication must take this test to demonstrate their ability to communicate in the language.
Eligibility Criteria for the IELTS
- You will need to be above 16 years of age in order to take this test
Guidelines for IELTS
- The IELTS test is of two types -IELTS general and IELTS academic
- You will need to take the IELTS academic for admission to undergraduate or post-graduate programs in countries like USA, UK and Canada, and you will need to take the IELTS general for satisfying immigration points criteria for immigration to Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- You can register for the IELTS test both online and in-person at designated registration centers.
- The British council offers the test 48 days a year, allowing you to choose any date to take it.
Cost of Taking the IELTS Coaching
The IELTS costs 181 USD or thereabouts to take in India.
Results of the IELTS
The scores of the IELTS test are given on an overall scale from 0-9 bands for all sections together. You will also be provided a score for each of the sections separately to help you gauge your performance in each section.
Preparation Tips for IELTS Education
- Read diverse materials to cover IELTS syllabus, enhance vocabulary and explore various genres.
- Join a IELTS Coaching class to improve your speaking skills with a point of view of acing the IELTS exam
- Make it a daily habit to keep a journal and note down your thoughts to get used to expressing and articulating clearly.
- Write on a variety of topics to polish your writing skills
- Improve your vocabulary by learning new words everyday
- Listen to podcasts/audiobooks by authors/narrators to familiarize yourself with different accents and pronunciations
- Take a number of IELTS Practise Tests in order to boost your confidence before the test.
Our Strategies to Help you Achieve Success in IELTS
IELTS Exam Preparation
- Specialized training and last minute preparation tips for the IELTS
- Comprehensive syllabus designed for the IELTS Coaching
- Experienced faculty with the competence and expertise to help students in mastering the English language.
- Personalized assistance from our IELTS training center for booking test center and test date as per your convenience.